.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Oyarsa's Observances

This blog is created for my random thoughts and opinions. Conflicting opinions are always welcome, but comments or remarks left in a disrespectful or distasteful manner (to be determined by myself) will be either ignored or deleted. This blog has a zero-tolerance policy for spammers. Don't waste your time, spammers, go elsewhere.

Name:

"Oyarsa" for those who don't know, is the name of an archangel (or "god" with a little 'g') in C. S. Lewis's Space Trilogy. I liked the character, so I stole the name. Who am I? I am a library science student in Illinois who has a variety of interests--too many to list! I have worked in libraries for five years and counting.

Are you a good person?

Thursday, February 09, 2006

From the Religon of Peace--Pictures from London

God have mercy on those who would ransack, threaten, kidnap, and kill in the name of Allah over a bunch of cartoons. Cartoons.

There's something I still want to know. According to this London Telegraph report:

"A leading hard-line Muslim cleric, Sheikh Yussef al-Qaradawi, called for the day of anger to protest against the printing of the cartoons - first published in the Danish newspaper Jyllands-Posten in September (my emphasis) - in other European papers."

Where was all the Muslim outrage when the cartoons were released last September? Where were the riots and the flag burnings? Anyone?

Regardless of what took them so long, the "Religion of Peace" has proved the point of the cartoonist.

(Thanks to Michelle Malkin for providing the gallery.)

But, back to the original point of the topic, which is, of course, the pictures from London.









0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home