.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Oyarsa's Observances

This blog is created for my random thoughts and opinions. Conflicting opinions are always welcome, but comments or remarks left in a disrespectful or distasteful manner (to be determined by myself) will be either ignored or deleted. This blog has a zero-tolerance policy for spammers. Don't waste your time, spammers, go elsewhere.

Name:

"Oyarsa" for those who don't know, is the name of an archangel (or "god" with a little 'g') in C. S. Lewis's Space Trilogy. I liked the character, so I stole the name. Who am I? I am a library science student in Illinois who has a variety of interests--too many to list! I have worked in libraries for five years and counting.

Are you a good person?

Friday, December 23, 2005

Nina Shea's The Real War on Christmas

Recently, I have been involved in online discussions with some Christians about our concerns with merchants subsituting "Happy Holidays" for "Merry Christmas." One of those participants believed such substitution to be "persecution". Oyarsa vehemently disagrees.

So, while not making light of this latest politically correct trend, I present for my fellow Christians Nina Shea's article, "The Real War on Christmas." Those who have done research in the area of Christian Persecution will know Ms. Shea as the author of In the Lion's Den: Persecuted Christians and What the Western Church Can Do About It.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home