.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Oyarsa's Observances

This blog is created for my random thoughts and opinions. Conflicting opinions are always welcome, but comments or remarks left in a disrespectful or distasteful manner (to be determined by myself) will be either ignored or deleted. This blog has a zero-tolerance policy for spammers. Don't waste your time, spammers, go elsewhere.

Name:

"Oyarsa" for those who don't know, is the name of an archangel (or "god" with a little 'g') in C. S. Lewis's Space Trilogy. I liked the character, so I stole the name. Who am I? I am a library science student in Illinois who has a variety of interests--too many to list! I have worked in libraries for five years and counting.

Are you a good person?

Friday, January 06, 2006

Judge gives Child Rapist 60 day sentence.

I'd like to start out this post by directing the reader's attention to this statistic from an article on Princeton U's site

Effectively, all this judge has done is give young, innocent girls in Vermont (and elsewhere if the criminal flees the state) a 60 day reprieve from being raped by this particular man.

In my opinion, someone convicted of raping a child should either receive life without parole or should be sentenced to death. Anyone who rapes should receive the full force of the law. That girl's trauma won't end in 60 days, or 60 weeks, or 60 months, for that matter. Why should his punishment?

The judge hasn't done the victim or her family any favors. He's all but ensured this guy will be able to create more victims.

--Oyarsa

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home