.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Oyarsa's Observances

This blog is created for my random thoughts and opinions. Conflicting opinions are always welcome, but comments or remarks left in a disrespectful or distasteful manner (to be determined by myself) will be either ignored or deleted. This blog has a zero-tolerance policy for spammers. Don't waste your time, spammers, go elsewhere.

Name:

"Oyarsa" for those who don't know, is the name of an archangel (or "god" with a little 'g') in C. S. Lewis's Space Trilogy. I liked the character, so I stole the name. Who am I? I am a library science student in Illinois who has a variety of interests--too many to list! I have worked in libraries for five years and counting.

Are you a good person?

Thursday, November 17, 2005

Wanted: Wheelchair for Iraqi Translator

Matt, a soldier serving in Iraq, blogs about an Iraqi translator who has been maimed by a terrorist attack and needs a wheelchair.

Kevin is now carried everywhere by his family in a folding chair because his family cannot afford a wheelchair. This is obviously not practical. More importantly though, it is extremely painful for him to be transported in this fashion due to his substantial internal injuries.


(Learn more about Kevin's story.)

Bloggers are trying either to collect enough money to buy him a chair or find someone willing to donate a wheelchair.

If you're able to and wish to donate to help this Iraqi man whose life was almost taken away by a terrorist attack, go to The Military Vote and paypal a little bit of money to help out. Alternatively, you can go to the same site and let David, the blog's owner, know that you're able to donate a wheelchair.

If you have a blog, feel free to pass this around.

--Oyarsa

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Oyarsa,

I just wanted to personally extend my hand in gratitude for showing your support. We (the guys and myself, matt, will, and the rest of us), are steadily gaining more and more pride in our fellow man through this endeavor. I appreciate your help, kind gesture, and first and foremost your willingness to help out the soldiers. I can now say beyond any shadow of a doubt i'm at my proudest moment in my military career, my life as an American, and my existence in this world. Thank you so much.

Love and respect.

Fri Nov 18, 09:11:00 AM 2005  
Blogger Oyarsa said...

Spc. David H. McDonell II,

Thank you for taking the time to comment in my blog. My thoughts and prayers will remain with you and the other soldiers in Iraq and elsewhere.

It is I who am honored to be able to do even the smallest favor for our servicemen and women. If there's anything else I can do, send me an email or post a comment anywhere within my blog.

--Oyarsa

Fri Nov 18, 11:25:00 AM 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home