.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Oyarsa's Observances

This blog is created for my random thoughts and opinions. Conflicting opinions are always welcome, but comments or remarks left in a disrespectful or distasteful manner (to be determined by myself) will be either ignored or deleted. This blog has a zero-tolerance policy for spammers. Don't waste your time, spammers, go elsewhere.

Name:

"Oyarsa" for those who don't know, is the name of an archangel (or "god" with a little 'g') in C. S. Lewis's Space Trilogy. I liked the character, so I stole the name. Who am I? I am a library science student in Illinois who has a variety of interests--too many to list! I have worked in libraries for five years and counting.

Are you a good person?

Monday, October 17, 2005

Will you be the next Terri?

"I can't imagine that there couldn't," said Karmen Hanson, an end-of-life policy analyst with the National Conference of State Legislatures. "It all depends on how the laws are interpreted."


More at the link

There will likely be THOUSANDS of MILLIONS of people whose quality of life is deemed insufficient to be kept alive, as more and more medical professionals are taught to measure the 'quality of life' over the actuality of life.

Never forget that a judge ordered the death of a handicapped woman. Never forget that she was starved and dehydrated.

--Oyarsa

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home