.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Oyarsa's Observances

This blog is created for my random thoughts and opinions. Conflicting opinions are always welcome, but comments or remarks left in a disrespectful or distasteful manner (to be determined by myself) will be either ignored or deleted. This blog has a zero-tolerance policy for spammers. Don't waste your time, spammers, go elsewhere.

Name:

"Oyarsa" for those who don't know, is the name of an archangel (or "god" with a little 'g') in C. S. Lewis's Space Trilogy. I liked the character, so I stole the name. Who am I? I am a library science student in Illinois who has a variety of interests--too many to list! I have worked in libraries for five years and counting.

Are you a good person?

Tuesday, October 11, 2005

In the pursuit of safety, teeter-totters and swings are disappearing from playgrounds

This stuff is just ridiculous. How do you expect kids to stay fit and active if you keep taking down equipment because of the fear that some parent might hurl a lawsuit at you.

So Johnny jumped from the slide and broke his leg, guess what? Johnny learned how gravity works and why slides aren't meant to be jumped from. Now Johnny has a cast that all his buddies can sign. Not to mention EVERYONE will want to try out the crutches.

Geesh. We need to outlaw lawyers, or at least fine laywers 250,000 each time they accept to take on a junk lawsuit like this.

Yet another reason for homeschooling my kids...I can at least purchase some playground equipment for my backyard if the local park takes down their equipment.

Find out what I'm ranting about here

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home