.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Oyarsa's Observances

This blog is created for my random thoughts and opinions. Conflicting opinions are always welcome, but comments or remarks left in a disrespectful or distasteful manner (to be determined by myself) will be either ignored or deleted. This blog has a zero-tolerance policy for spammers. Don't waste your time, spammers, go elsewhere.

Name:

"Oyarsa" for those who don't know, is the name of an archangel (or "god" with a little 'g') in C. S. Lewis's Space Trilogy. I liked the character, so I stole the name. Who am I? I am a library science student in Illinois who has a variety of interests--too many to list! I have worked in libraries for five years and counting.

Are you a good person?

Friday, October 07, 2005

Science Smogasboard

I can now officially take over the world with my new scientfic knowledge. Only after much torture and interrogation was I able to force a young scientist to reveal the super-secret science websites only "they" know about and don't want YOU to know about...don't worry. The scientist will live...if the scientist agrees to be my lackey. So, how about it?

**********

NASA For all you space geeks.

Unwise Microwave Oven Experiments The best way to describe this site is by its own disclaimer: Disclaimer: This information is presented for your information only. Anyone who tries to duplicate these demonstrations does so entirely at their own risk. There is a chance that you will damage your microwave oven. There is a chance that you will cause a fire. There is a chance that a heated object will explode. Heated water can unexpectedly burst into violent boiling. Messing with a microwave oven is stupid if you don't know what you're doing.

The Complete Guide to Physics An About.com site. Has articles and a physics glossary, answers to physics problems, etc.

Savings & Clone I'm probably going to take some heat for this. This is a creepy company that clones pets.

Biology Directory "The Sciences Directory aims to cover a broad base of scientific sites that are related to the content of Biology Online and could prove useful for your informational needs in the sciences."

The Biology Project "an online interactive resource for learning biology"

About.com's Biology All kinds of biology and science fair resources.

WebElements Online Version of Periodic Table.

About.com's Chemistry Encyclopedia, glossary, finished problems and more.

Snowflake and Snowcrystal photos Pretty pictures and everything you'd ever want to know about snowflakes.

DNA Interactive Interactive modules and other fun stuff that help you learn about DNA.

That's all for now. I'll add the links to my links list.

1 Comments:

Blogger Everton said...

Hi there, u've got such an interesting subject here...

Jack Kerouac may help you to find out a couple of "coming out of the blue" ideas

My blog address is www.outracerveja.blogspot.com, but I'm from Brazil and it's in portuguese :S

See ya!

Wed Oct 19, 11:49:00 AM 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home