.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Oyarsa's Observances

This blog is created for my random thoughts and opinions. Conflicting opinions are always welcome, but comments or remarks left in a disrespectful or distasteful manner (to be determined by myself) will be either ignored or deleted. This blog has a zero-tolerance policy for spammers. Don't waste your time, spammers, go elsewhere.

Name:

"Oyarsa" for those who don't know, is the name of an archangel (or "god" with a little 'g') in C. S. Lewis's Space Trilogy. I liked the character, so I stole the name. Who am I? I am a library science student in Illinois who has a variety of interests--too many to list! I have worked in libraries for five years and counting.

Are you a good person?

Tuesday, October 04, 2005

Yahoo! May Monetize Library Archives

What do you guys think? How long will it take before libraries across America are primarily (or mostly) digitized?

****************

Yahoo! May Monetize Library Archives
by Gavin O'Malley, Tuesday, Oct 4, 2005 6:00 AM EST

WHILE GOOGLE STRUGGLES TO DEFEND its own book archival project against copyright infringement charges, rival Yahoo! on Monday said it had embarked on its own initiative to make the archives of various libraries searchable by any search engine.

For the rest of the article, click here.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home