.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Oyarsa's Observances

This blog is created for my random thoughts and opinions. Conflicting opinions are always welcome, but comments or remarks left in a disrespectful or distasteful manner (to be determined by myself) will be either ignored or deleted. This blog has a zero-tolerance policy for spammers. Don't waste your time, spammers, go elsewhere.

Name:

"Oyarsa" for those who don't know, is the name of an archangel (or "god" with a little 'g') in C. S. Lewis's Space Trilogy. I liked the character, so I stole the name. Who am I? I am a library science student in Illinois who has a variety of interests--too many to list! I have worked in libraries for five years and counting.

Are you a good person?

Tuesday, October 04, 2005

Detectors are Evil!

I have no problem with the detectors placed at the entrances to stores, libraries, et al. They have a problem with me.

Let me illustrate. A week ago I walk into Borders. I am carrying no merchandise from other stores, just my personal effects. The detector goes off! One of the clerks say, brightly, "It must be your cell phone." Perhaps, but why have I gone into that particular Borders, that particular entrance multiple times with my cell phone on my person, and never had this happen? Answer: Detectors are evil.

Today, while walking out of Walmart with my purchases, the sensor goes off. Sure, the official excuse is "something must be wrong with the desensitization unit at the checkout register". I know the truth! Detectors are evil!

Am I right? Who else seems to attract that annoying detector beep no matter where they go?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home