.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Oyarsa's Observances

This blog is created for my random thoughts and opinions. Conflicting opinions are always welcome, but comments or remarks left in a disrespectful or distasteful manner (to be determined by myself) will be either ignored or deleted. This blog has a zero-tolerance policy for spammers. Don't waste your time, spammers, go elsewhere.

Name:

"Oyarsa" for those who don't know, is the name of an archangel (or "god" with a little 'g') in C. S. Lewis's Space Trilogy. I liked the character, so I stole the name. Who am I? I am a library science student in Illinois who has a variety of interests--too many to list! I have worked in libraries for five years and counting.

Are you a good person?

Friday, September 09, 2005

12 Movies Meme

12 Movies Meme (idea swiped from someone I know over at livejournal.com)

01. Pick 12 films you love/thoroughly enjoy.
02. Find stills from each film.
03. See how many people guess correctly.

WARNING: BIG IMAGES! May take some time to load if you're on dial up...

1.



Comment: You know this better than you think you do.

2.


Comment: Well, that's one way to follow orders to the letter....

3.


Comment: If you don't know this movie, you are either under the age of 5 or took a vow never to watch Disney flicks after "Beauty and the Beast".

4.


Comment: One of two movies that I have been known to cry while watching, everytime I watch it.

5.


Comment: The other of those two movies.

6.


Comment: One of Dreamwork's best.

7.


Comment: A classic; should be required viewing in all screenwriting classes, imho.

8.


Comment: I'd tell you which famous actors are in this movie, but that would be a deathwish...

9.


Comment: One of the better movies of 2000.

10.


Comment: Yes, I know this movie isn't entirely "historically accurate"; very few 'historical' movies geared to the people are!

11.


Comment: Colin Firth isn't the BEST person for this role, but he does a good job.

12.


Comment: I will say that this movie is also a musical.

Start guessing....

Edit: I did change the stampede image so that it would be smaller; it is the same scene, same movie, however.

1 Comments:

Blogger Oyarsa said...

1. You are so going to hate me when you realize the answer....

2. Correct. "Sir, Are we being too literal?" "No, you idiot, we're following orders!"

3. Right.

4. Shoot! I should take away your young-adult-fiction-reading-privileges...right again!

5. I figured that one would be a toughie. :-)

6. Yep, not many pictures could disguise what that is...Prince of Egypt is right!

7. Han: "No, that's not it!" from Empire Strikes Back.

8. You are REALLY going to hate me when you figure this one out...I'm 75% sure you've seen this movie...

9. I want to say "you are correct; go to the head of the class".

10. Pretty obvious, huh? :-)

11. Not sure if you've seen it...if you have, I don't know about it.

12. Another one I don't know if you've seen or not...

7 out of 12..."Impressive, most impressive."

I didn't put any pictures from any of the LOTR films, because 90% of the ones I found were dead giveaways....but I might run a part deux of this contest, you never know...;-)

Fri Sep 09, 09:28:00 AM 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home