.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Oyarsa's Observances

This blog is created for my random thoughts and opinions. Conflicting opinions are always welcome, but comments or remarks left in a disrespectful or distasteful manner (to be determined by myself) will be either ignored or deleted. This blog has a zero-tolerance policy for spammers. Don't waste your time, spammers, go elsewhere.

Name:

"Oyarsa" for those who don't know, is the name of an archangel (or "god" with a little 'g') in C. S. Lewis's Space Trilogy. I liked the character, so I stole the name. Who am I? I am a library science student in Illinois who has a variety of interests--too many to list! I have worked in libraries for five years and counting.

Are you a good person?

Monday, August 29, 2005

Monday Humor

I was cleaning out one of my old email accounts; an account so old that cyberspiders had laid cybereggs and...*shivers* I hate spiders....

But, I get myself off track.

A fellow Lord of the Rings fan sent me this picture awhile back. I thought others would enjoy it.

Unfortunately, the website it was originally on (or so I gleen from the attribution) no longer appears to be on the web....if anyone knows the original creator/author; let me know and I will update any appropriate attribution.


In case you cannot read the text, here is a transcript:

Arwen: Daddy, I'm in love with Aragorn and I want to marry him!

Elrond: If it would make you happy, my child.

Arwen: Oh, thank you, Daddy! Aragorn asks whether you will give him Rivendell after our wedding.

Elrond: (presumably after Arwen has left) WHAAAAAT???!!! GIVE RIVENDELL TO ARAGORN?! Over my dead body!!!

[Few days later...]

Elrond: (finishing his "farewell to the fellowship of the Ring" speech) "...and I wish you luck in this impossible to fulfill, deadly, dangerous, suicidal mission..."

Aragorn: See you later...dad!

Elrond (thinking to himself) Heheeeheheeeee...Good bye, sucker! Namarie! We won't meet again... Hehehee... That Halfling with the Ring came just in time....

************

Attribution: www.bidonart.com/elenai.htm (link broken) Artist: Elenai??? At any rate, www.bidonart.com appears to be no more....

Hope you enjoyed!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home