.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Oyarsa's Observances

This blog is created for my random thoughts and opinions. Conflicting opinions are always welcome, but comments or remarks left in a disrespectful or distasteful manner (to be determined by myself) will be either ignored or deleted. This blog has a zero-tolerance policy for spammers. Don't waste your time, spammers, go elsewhere.

Name:

"Oyarsa" for those who don't know, is the name of an archangel (or "god" with a little 'g') in C. S. Lewis's Space Trilogy. I liked the character, so I stole the name. Who am I? I am a library science student in Illinois who has a variety of interests--too many to list! I have worked in libraries for five years and counting.

Are you a good person?

Tuesday, November 01, 2005

Controlling Web Robots

Have you ever wondered how sites like Google and Dogpile and other search engines find all their sites? Yes, some of them are submitted by the authors, but most are found through automated processes. These processes are called robots or 'bots. The robot will come to your site, parse through all the pages it can find, store the data in a database and move on....

Find out Why and How to control Web Robots here

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home