.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Oyarsa's Observances

This blog is created for my random thoughts and opinions. Conflicting opinions are always welcome, but comments or remarks left in a disrespectful or distasteful manner (to be determined by myself) will be either ignored or deleted. This blog has a zero-tolerance policy for spammers. Don't waste your time, spammers, go elsewhere.

Name:

"Oyarsa" for those who don't know, is the name of an archangel (or "god" with a little 'g') in C. S. Lewis's Space Trilogy. I liked the character, so I stole the name. Who am I? I am a library science student in Illinois who has a variety of interests--too many to list! I have worked in libraries for five years and counting.

Are you a good person?

Friday, July 22, 2005

"Watching the Terminator Puts a Bad Day Into Perspective"

I know, you're thinking "that's Oyarsa's insight for the week? Why didn't WE think of this?" It takes an unusual mind to think up these things, that's why! ;-)

Seriously, most of the things that we could consider comprising a "bad day": computer not working, fight with a friend/beloved/spouse, children acting up, are not nearly as stressful as having a cybernetic organism (basically a robot with human skin around it.) coming after you with a Uzi.

Reese, the soon-to-be father of John Connor, explains the mindset of the terminator to Sarah Connor, future mother of the man who will bring humans back from the brink of ultimate annihilation:

"Listen. Understand. That Terminator is out there. It can't be reasoned with, it can't be bargained with...it doesn't feel pity or remorse or fear...and it absolutely will not stop. Ever. Until you are dead."

So, just remember kiddies, no matter how bad your day is, it could be worse!

Though, this begs the question...is it worse to have one terminator or nine nazgul on your tail. Dang...

Well, what's your answer?

Sound off by hitting "reply".

3 Comments:

Blogger Oyarsa said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

Fri Jul 22, 10:13:00 PM 2005  
Blogger Oyarsa said...

It's a tough question for me as well. After all, the terminator in Terminator 2 could stab you with his hands that could become knives/swords, but then, prolonged exposure to a nazgul's breath can kill you. (and the aftereffects of a morgul blade aren't the most pleasant, either. *grin* ;-))

Dangit, now that you've found my secret blog, I'll have to create another fabulous blog saturated with my witicisms and wonderful writing.

Speaking of which, I'm going to outline some of the new ideas I received today for the fictional story I've been writing since I took creative writing last fall with Marino (I did a one-act fantasy play....do you have any IDEA how hard that is? Of course you do, you're a fellow fantasy writer. :-) )

Basically, I've expanded on my ideas, and added some new material. Eventually, I'll probably mail out pages for peoples to look at and edit.

Fri Jul 22, 10:15:00 PM 2005  
Blogger Oyarsa said...

Sarah,

Best wishes on your novel!

I will try to get my comments to you soon...

my grad school courses end in about 3 weeks...

So I am a bit busy...

But will try to get my comments to you in time...

Oyarsa

P.S. The deleted comment was posted by me; I deleted it as there does not seem to be an "edit" function on blogger.

Mon Jul 25, 08:33:00 PM 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home